One of the biggest lies in the real estate business is that lead generation companies have hundreds of leads who are ready to buy or sell a home NOW and just need an agent to help them.
This is a flat out lie.
Every Realtor knows that having a steady supply of incoming leads is critical to their success. In fact, a Realtor without a consistent incoming lead pipeline is a Realtor who will soon be looking for another line of work.
Lead generation companies are in business, just like you.
But they are in a different business than you are.
Lead generation companies are sophisticated. They have master copywriters on staff and skilled telephone salespeople who are trained to handle your objections. They know how to spin the tale of leads-o-pleanty and make you reach for your credit card.
Let me pull back the curtain and expose these white-collar criminals:
- Lead generation companies use your listings to generate leads and then they sell those very same leads back to you.
- Lead generation companies don't only sell leads to you, they sell the same leads to other agents too.
- The leads you buy are not treated like real people with real needs. They are never introduced to YOU and they are NOT EXPECTING your phone call (or email, or voice message, or text). To make it even worse, you will soon find out that many of them were not truthful about their real names and contact information.
- You will call, email, text, call again, email again, text again, call again and again and again before you finally give up. You will ask yourself why someone would provide their name, phone number and email address to receive information about a house they were interested in and then refuse to answer the phone or return your messages when you called with the information they requested! That's when you will realize you were duped by companies who claim to have the one thing you desperately need to survive as a real estate agent.
Should the owners of these companies really go to prison?
Maybe a judge and jury should decide their fate.
As far as I'm concerned...I say: "lock 'em up!"
So what do R.A.R.E. Agents (Really Awesome Real Estate Agents) do to generate leads?
They follow the R.A.R.E. Agent way.
The R.A.R.E. Agent way is not cutting edge. There's not a lot of bells and whistles. It's not sexy but it's not rocket science either.
The R.A.R.E Agent way to build a steady stream of incoming leads is:
- Rooted in personal relationships.
- Developed through personal (socially distanced) contact.
- Matured with masterful, well-rehearsed, intra-personal people skills.
- Substantiated with a deep knowledge of the local real estate market.
When you can check these 4 boxes, clients will seek you out for the professional you are. They will take your calls, return your voice messages, answer your emails and reply to your text messages.
The R.A.R.E. Agent way is simple, but it's not easy. It will take a lot of work on your part.
You will need to develop a plan, stay focused and work your plan every day.
If you're ready to cut-the cord from the paid lead generation then subscribe to my "RARE Tips" daily emails. Each daily email is packed with teaching, training and coaching.
Best of all, it's 100% free.