“All things are ready, if our minds be so.”
…William Shakespeare, Henry V.
You’ve no doubt heard the terms: “glass half-full” and “glass half-empty” when describing people and the way they approach life and the challenges life throws at us. These terms are referring to one’s mindset – the attitudes, ideas and solutions they possess that shape the way they think.
Your mindset affects your outlook on life, the way you solve problems and your attitude towards everything going on around you.
Your mindset is not set in stone! You have the power to change your mindset, your attitudes and beliefs about yourself and your life, any time you want.
Your mindset can be limited or unlimited.
People with LIMITED Mindsets:
- Focus on problems
- Struggle with setbacks
- Hide their mistakes
- See their abilities as limited to one area or skill
- Promote negative self-talk and often say things like, “I can’t do that”
People with UNLIMITED Mindsets:
- Welcome challenges as opportunities
- Open their minds to learn from people around them
- Understand that success is the result of hard work
- View failure as an opportunity to learn
- Acknowledge their weaknesses, and seek ways to improve
If you want to develop an unlimited mindset, learn new skills, embrace challenges and learn lessons from the inevitable setbacks we will all experience…you need to reprogram the way you think and approach life.
Here are some suggestions for changing your mindset from limited to unlimited:
1. Never say “I can’t”…. instead say: “I can’t… yet”. The way we talk to ourselves impacts what we achieve. If you tell yourself that you can do something, chances are that you will, even if you don’t accomplish it immediately.
2. Accept the Challenge. The next time someone throws a difficult task your way, don’t accept defeat — embrace the challenge.
3. Get to work. You’re unlikely to reach your goals if you don’t put in the required effort. Work hard, even if only a small bit at a time, and you’ll put yourself in position to enjoy the rewards.
4. Ditch Perfection. Don’t let perfection get in the way of progress. Perfection is, at best, an illusion. The most important element to measure is your effort.
5. Be Open to New Approaches. Before assuming something will not work, ask yourself: ‘What is necessary to make this work?’
6. View ALL Setbacks as Forward Progress. Setbacks are not failure…they are clear definitions of approaches that will not produce the desired result. Make changes and re-launch. You will learn as much, if not more, from your mistakes as you will from your successes
Becoming a R.A.R.E. Agent has nothing to do with how long you’ve been in the real estate business. It has everything to do with your attitude, your commitment, your desire and your MINDSET.
If you think you already know everything there is to know about being a real estate agent and your mind is closed to new ideas, new possibilities and new approaches, this is probably not the best place for you (there are other websites and masterminds that will cater to your ego).
But if you are willing to keep your eyes wide open and are ready to dig deeper into the things that truly matter — the things that will move the income meter in your business more than anything else — then you’re in the right place.
Subscribe to my email list below for your daily dose of R.A.R.E Agent TIPS.
To your success,