Before we begin, let me set the record straight.
I'm not a big "New Year's Resolution" kind of guy. When I need to make a change, I don't have to wait for January 1st.
You can start a diet in the middle of a bag of chips, right?
I make dozens of resolutions throughout the year. When I am ready to make changes, I make changes.
But I realize that for many agents, the "New Year" brings a sense of renewal that provides the motivation to try new things and establish new habits.
So for those of you who need a little boost, I wrote some resolutions for you:
My RARE Agent Resolutions for 2022
- I will stop being busy and start being strategic. I will do the things that will fuel my business to massive growth. I will prioritize my efforts on tasks that will make an impact in my real estate business.
- I will master my CRM once and for all. No more putting it off. There are multiple transactions inside my database that need to be extracted and I am going to find them.
- I will push myself to get outside of my comfort zone. I know that growth will happen when I stretch my boundaries.
- I will begin saying NO to things that rob valuable hours from my day. I understand that downtime is not free time and I will use my downtime to grow my business.
- I will give myself an online makeover. I will stop creating cheesy Facebook posts and "up my image" to attract home buyers and sellers who are looking for a true professional.
- I will set a realistic budget to promote myself by reviewing my household budget and setting aside 7-10% of my gross commissions to invest into personal promotion.
- I will have a student mentality and commit to a regular learning routine. I will listen to podcasts and invest 30 minutes every day in reading and personal development. I will stay up to date with legislation and industry best practices.
- I will focus on "up-skilling" my business by adding one new skill or integrating one new tech service into my business every quarter, further separating me from the average agent.
- I will nurture relationships with my clients and sphere of influence by making in-person contact with at least five people every day and calling/emailing/texting at least five more.
- I will sign up for the RARE Agent Associate Program TODAY and put my commitment into action by investing $2.23 per day into becoming a better real estate agent....a R.A.R.E. Agent!
(Many of you spend 2-3 times that every single day on your coffee addiction. If you think caffeine gives you a jolt, wait until you see the impact the RARE Agent Associate program will have on your business!)
Keep moving forward.
New Years Resolutions for RARE Agents
December 31, 2021
By Dennis Jones