Competence leads to Confidence.
Competence grows through Repetition.
Your Daily / Weekly / Monthly habits will do more to bolster your competence…and ultimately your confidence… than anything else I can urge you to do. So let’s form some rock-solid habits…NOW.
Note: There is nothing magic about this list. I came up with this list when I sat down this evening and asked myself this simple question:
“What exactly do I do on a regular basis to become the best I can be in the real estate business?”
This is what I came up with…my habits over the previous 30 days.
- Review MLS Hot Sheet every morning for neighborhood updates.
- Preview all New Listings every day.
- Hold an Open House every weekend.
- Attend Realtor Tours in my target farm neighborhood.
- Subscribe to and READ Inman News.
- Take a Technology Class.
- Meet with 1 new Trade Vendor every week for lunch/coffee.
- Read 1 real estate, sales or business-related book (monthly).
- Schedule 2 no-obligation coffee/CMA Meetings with my S.O.I. weekly.
- Learn how to make videos (don’t worry about being perfect — have fun)!
- Master the Settlement Statement. Take my favorite escrow officer her favorite Starbucks drink and ask her to quiz me on it.
- Visit 1-2 New Home Builder locations every week. Walk the floor plans. Ask the builder’s agent to add my email to their announcement list.
- Research common home remodelling and upgrade costs.
- Practice running comps and preparing a CMA Report. Focus on speed and accuracy.
- Shadow another top producing agent for a day.
- Master 1 new skill (FIRPTA, 1031, CAP Rates, Multiple Offers, etc) every week.
- Take a Negotiation Class (read the book: Never Split the Difference – counts toward #8!)
- Study the Contract like a student preparing for a final exam.
- Take a CE Class for a topic I do not fully understand.
- Meet with a lender to discuss creative financing options like Seller Financing, Down Payment Assistance, ideas for turning Renters into Buyers.
There you have it. A summary of my monthly work habits.
Please note they leave very little time for Reality TV, non-business happy hours or sleeping in on the weekends.
I was 20-for-20 while also going on 4 listing appointments, listing 3 homes, working with 2 buyers and writing 2 new purchase contracts.
That’s because I was laser-focused on one simple goal.
To be a R.A.R.E. Agent.
Who wants to join me?
[CLICK HERE] to receive R.A.R.E Agent TIPS in your inbox every day.