Competence leads to Confidence and Competence grows through Repetition.
Your Daily / Weekly / Monthly habits will do more to bolster your competence...and ultimately your confidence... than anything else I can urge you to do.
So let's form some rock-solid habits...NOW.
Note: There is nothing magic about this list. I came up with this list when I asked myself one simple question:
“What exactly do I do on a regular basis to become the best I can be in the real estate business?”
To best answer that question, I examined my own personal habits over the previous 30 days.
Here, my fellow R.A.R.E. Agents, are my own personal business habits:
- Review MLS Hot Sheet every morning for neighborhood updates in my target area.
- Preview New Listings every day.
- Hold an Open House in my area/zone every weekend.
- Attend Realtor Tours in my target farm neighborhood.
- Subscribe to and READ Inman News.
- Take a Technology Class.
- Meet with 1 new Trade Vendor every week for lunch/coffee.
- Read 2 real estate, sales or business-related book (monthly).
- Schedule 5 no-obligation coffee/CMA Meetings with my S.O.I. monthly.
- Learn how to make videos (don't worry about being perfect -- have fun)!
- Master the Settlement Statement. Take your favorite escrow officer a Starbucks drink and ask them to quiz you on it.
- Visit 1-2 New Home Builder locations every week. Walk the floor plans. Ask the builder's agent to add my email to their announcement list.
- Research current home remodelling trends and upgrade costs.
- Practice running comps and preparing a CMA Report. Focus on speed and accuracy.
- Call 2 other top producing agents in your market and invite them for coffee. Collaborate!
- Master 1 new skill (FIRPTA, 1031, CAP Rates, Multiple Offers, etc) every week.
- Take a Negotiation Class (read the book: Never Split the Difference - counts toward #8!)
- Study the Contract like a student preparing for a final exam.
- Take a CE Class for a topic I do not fully understand.
- Meet with a lender to discuss creative financing options like Seller Financing, Down Payment Assistance, ideas for turning Renters into Buyers.
There you have it.
A summary of my monthly work habits.
Note that these habits leave very little time for Reality TV, non-business happy hours or sleeping in on the weekends. They will, however, propel you forward at breakneck speed toward your goal of becoming a R.A.R.E. Agent.
Who wants to join me?