Success is not a random reward.
You have to work hard to build a thriving real estate business.
You will need a commanding knowledge of your local inventory and its daily fluctuations.
You do that by monitoring the daily MLS "hot sheet" for new listings, pending sales, closings, etc.
In addition, you need technical skills, people skills, negotiating skills, contract writing skills, partnership skills, strong vendor relationships, control over your mindset, and a variety of other talents that I refer to as "street smarts".
You would think that any agent who assembled such a war-room of readiness would be nearly invincible, yet there is one simple thing that is powerful enough to topple every top producer from the podium.
It's the silent attacker of your positive momentum and an absolute enemy to your success.
What am I referring to?
Distractions will pull you away from your plan and steal your success.
Staying focused on your business, your marketing, your lead generation, your lead conversions, your clients, your transactions, and your closings are the name of the game.
You must have a 100% (near-obsessive) focus on your vision and ANYTHING that distracts you from that vision is an enemy to your success.
The biggest distractions are:
- Social Media drama.
- Random text and email messages.
- Bright shiny objects.
- Office gossip.
- Listening to too many people.
- Mistaking being busy for being productive.
- Saying “yes” to everything.
- Have a plan and stick to it.
- Set specific goals for each day.
- Prioritize commission earning actions over everything else.
- Stop multi-tasking.
- Set clear boundaries on your calendar.
- Be accountable to someone you trust.