Let’s play doctor, shall we?
I’ll be the doctor…you be the patient.
Your symptoms are the constant and continual questions that will not go away...and you ask me:
- What’s the one thing I need to do to get my business off the ground?
- What is the one thing I need to learn to be a long-term successful Realtor?
- Which lead generation pipeline is the best one?
- I only have enough money to run one promotion… which one should I do?
- What is the most important thing I should do today?
- You even ask me what I think about Gary Kellers book, “The One Thing”?
After consulting with my medical journals, I know exactly what is wrong.
You are suffering from:
3) BSO Syndrome
And you need help fast!
Let me prescribe the actions you need to take to thwart each of these pesky little diseases once and for all:
- Ergophobia is the deep and persistent fear of work. Simply stated, people who suffer from this terrible disease need to get back to work! They need to take daily affirmative action to flush the lazy genes out of their system. They must immediately stop looking for that “one” thing that will make their life easy. They need to do whatever it takes to move the needle in a positive direction in their business. Having a fear of work will prevent people who are capable of achieving greatness from ever breaking through to a level any higher than mediocrity.
- Phronemophobia is the fear of thinking. This is a common disease but I assure you it can be treated. It is possible to build up your immune system and combat this simple-minded sickness that attacks people and destroys their ability to be independent problem solvers. It takes time, but once you realize that grapefruit above your eyebrows is the most powerful computer in the world and you allow it time to focus on a complex problem, it has the uncanny ability to come up with a solution. Now start thinking!
- BSO Syndrome is a very common sickness among low-producing real estate agents. They are attracted to “Bright Shiny Objects” and they are easily distracted from what they told everyone yesterday they would be doing today. They fall into the trap of believing that this weeks business plan is better than last weeks business plan and they throw away all of the efforts they put into last weeks plan in lieu of a better, faster, cheaper solution. The cure to this migraine of distraction is time blocking, single-tasking, focused energy and willpower. Turning off Facebook for a few hours will help take the edge off too.
As much as I know you wish you could find it, there is no one single cure (i.e. the magic blue pill) that will fix everything that’s ailing you.
The prescriptions to reverse the symptoms of mediocrity once and for all are a mixture of many different things.
And you know what? The remedies are the same as they have always been!
Here’s the RX: Hard work, deep thinking and FOCUS. Things that many agents seem to avoid at all costs.
Our business is not easy but it is simple.