- You will need to work through valleys and hard times.
- You will go through slumps where nothing seems to work.
- Your marketing efforts will not produce quality leads.
- You will spend more money than you are making.
- You’ll need to manage the emotional stress from the lack of results from the effort you are putting in.
- You will ask yourself if it is worth continuing to do this…
- You will question why your past success is only in the past, and there is no sign of future success.
- You will wonder what it’s going to take to survive…let alone thrive.
A steadfast commitment to the process will pull you through every single negative challenge you will face in the real estate business.
A mentor of mine once told me, “If you want to build a big business, you’ll need to choose between the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
The pain of discipline means you will choose to:
- Call 10 people every day…even when you don’t feel like calling anyone.
- Mail 500 postcards to your geographical farm…even when the last 5,000 postcards you mailed produced nothing.
- Practice your listing presentation dialog over and over…even though you do not have a listing appointment on your calendar.
- Skip the family BBQ and hold an open house instead…even though your family would love to see you there.
- Cut back personal household expenses to generate cash flow that you can invest in lead generation activities.
But if your desire to succeed is strong enough, there is nothing that will hold you back from reaching your goals. It will not matter that your open house event was a bust, that nobody responded to your marketing campaign, that nobody watched your YouTube video, and ten people unsubscribed from your email list. None of those things will stop you from pressing forward toward your goal. You will remain 100% committed to your goals and habits and work with an unwavering passion…every…single…day.